Dampness and water ingress are often the result of building defects and there are many root causes:
• Natural weathering over time
• Lack of maintenance
• Secondary damage such as timber decay and woodworm following water ingress and damp
• Inappropriate design and specification
• Poor workmanship and materials
• Failing to comply with best practice, building regulations and other forms of compliance with regulations.
• Incorrect installation techniques
• Adverse weather, storm damage and flooding
• Structural movement
• Accidental damage
Peace of mind
Dryabode Property Care aim to provide peace of mind to our clients so where practicable we guarantee our diagnosis which we provide in writing and the work we subsequently carry out is tailored to that same diagnosis. In summary, we provide specialist building surveying with well executed, tried and tested technical building techniques which are subsequently quality assured and guaranteed.
Right first time
We carry out all of our inspections and building defect repairs in-house which gives us better control over quality and peace of mind to our clients. This also gives our clients the assurance that they will be given a long term quality solution which works first time and that you can rely upon. We believe in providing long term quality solutions which provide in turn value for money in eliminating wasted money and time, inconvenience and distress.
Typical building defects we carry out on a daily basis include:
• Structural repairs such as masonry crack stitching
• Wall tie replacement and underpinning.
• Roof, chimney and flashing repairs and replacement.
• Lead lined gutter replacement and repair.
• Brickwork and lintel replacement.
• Timber floor replacement with timber or solid floors.
• Facia and gutter replacement.
• Drainage repairs.
Value to our clients
Our company ethos is ‘Right first time’ and our processes are in place to give our clients the peace of mind that there will be no unnecessary wasted expense and inconvenience such as having to listen to several different opinions from different parties who have their own commercial self-interests at heart.
We provide written, photographic and video evidence to our clients where required or requested during our initial survey, before, during and after commencement of our works. This is especially important as the work we carry out can be technical in nature and also at high level which can under normal circumstances make it difficult for clients to reassure themselves so we help in any way we can in that respect.
Technical reports arising from our surveys and inspections can be provided if appropriate and required so there is an audit trail from survey to completion, again for your peace of mind.